The EDUCAUSE 2022 Top 10 IT Issues take an optimistic view of how technology can help make the higher education we deserve.
Vice President for Partnerships, Communities and Research
The 2022 Top 10 IT Issues is sponsored by Jenzabar, an EDUCAUSE Platinum Partner, Microsoft Corporation, an EDUCAUSE Platinum Partner and AT&T, an EDUCAUSE Bronze Partner.
The 2022 Top 10 IT Issues describe the way technology is helping to make the higher education we deserve.
(GRAPHICS: Shared Vision, Shared Strategy)
It begins with developing a shared transformational vision and strategy that guides the digital transformation work of the institution.
Two issues relate to this theme:
2. Evolve or Become Extinct Accelerating digital transformation to improve operational efficiency, agility, and institutional workforce development
7. The Shrinking World of Higher Education or an Expanded Opportunity? Developing a technology-enhanced post-pandemic institutional vision and value proposition
(GRAPHIC: Student Success is Institutional Success)
The path from that vision to sustainability involves recognizing that no institution can be successful and sustainable without placing students' success at the center.
This theme comprises four issues:
3. Digital Faculty for a Digital Future Ensuring faculty have the digital fluency to provide creative, equitable, and innovative engagement for students
4. Learning from COVID-19 to Build a Better Future Using digitization and digital transformation to produce technology systems that are more student-centric and equity-minded
6. From Digital Scarcity to Digital Abundance Achieving full, equitable digital access for students by investing in connectivity, tools, and skills
10. Radical Creativity Helping students prepare for the future by giving them tools and learning spaces that foster creative practices and collaborations
(Graphic: The Sustainable Institution)
The higher education we deserve needs to be able to operate efficiently and manage risks effectively. It needs to be sustainable. Four of the top 10 IT issues relate to this theme:
1. Cyber Everywhere! Are We Prepared? Developing processes and controls, institutional infrastructure, and institutional workforce skills to protect and secure data and supply-chain integrity
5. The Digital versus Brick-and-Mortar Balancing Game Creating a blended campus to provide digital and physical work and learning spaces
8. Weathering the Shift to the Cloud Creating a cloud and SaaS strategy that reduces costs and maintains control
9. Can We Learn from a Crisis? Creating an actionable disaster-preparation plan to capitalize on pandemic-related cultural change and investments
What is the higher education we deserve? It is the higher education that our learners deserve. How do we get there? By beginning with a shared vision and strategy to achieve a sustainable business model that places students' success at the center of it all.