With our "Interesting Reads" blog posts, the EDUCAUSE Policy Office highlights recent articles on federal policy issues and developments that are directly relevant to members or provide insights on higher education policy in general.
- "DHS Cyber Threat Sharing Program Review Shows Privacy Risks," The Hill, March 15, 2016.
- "ACE 2016: Disrupting the Bachelor's Degree," Higher Education Today, American Council on Education, March 15, 2016.
- "Critics Assail Potential New York Move on Regulating Online Colleges," New York Times, March 16, 2016.
- "Accreditation Outside the Academy," Inside Higher Ed, March 18, 2016.
- "Power Struggle on Online Oversight," Inside Higher Ed, March 21, 2016, and "Reciprocity and Online Education," Inside Higher Ed, March 29, 2016.
- "For Sensitive Student Data, Can Congress Balance Researchers', Parents' Concerns?" Education Week, March 24, 2016.
- "Witnesses: Must Find Balance Between Education Research and Student Privacy," [http://edworkforce.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=400506] US House of Representatives, Education and the Workforce Committee, Press Release, March 22, 2016.
EDUCAUSE Policy tracks and analyzes the issues likely to have the greatest impact on higher education IT and works with members to inform public and campus policy development.