National Cyber Security Awareness Month is just a few months away. Summer is the perfect time to start planning events and activities for your campus. Join EDUCAUSE and NCSA as we celebrate the 12th annual NCSAM this October.
Here are a few ways you can show your support and help us make NCSAM 2015 the most successful yet!
- Become a NCSAM Champion. (It's free and easy!)
- Use the hashtag #CyberAware on Twitter and Facebook.
- Download the logo, social media profile icons, web banners, poster, letterhead, certificates, and more from NCSA's Promote NCSAM page.
- Visit NCSA's Get Involved page to learn how you can make a difference this October and year round. (There is a page developed specifically for College Administrators [http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/college-administrators], too!)
- Learn about the 2015 weekly themes and the history of NCSAM.
- Share the 2013 student video & poster contest winners.
- Find free resources, as well as a list of 2015 campus events, in the NCSAM Resource Kit and Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library.
- Invite an information security expert from the higher education community to provide a brief presentation by using our Speakers Bureau.
- Register now for our free EDUCAUSE Live! webinar on October 7, 2015 (1-2 pm ET). Join Michael Kaiser (NCSA) and Allison Oslund (TAMU) to learn more about Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity and Safety on Your Campus and in Your Community.
Announce the 12th anniversary of NCSAM in your institution's newsletters or blogs (using these suggestions or the sample text below).
Let us know how you plan to participate or contact us if you need assistance ([email protected]). We look forward to celebrating with you this October!
Celebrate National Cyber Security Awareness Month in October!
EDUCAUSE, Internet2, and the Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) are among a broad number of higher education organizations celebrating National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) this October. Conducted every October since 2004, NCSAM is a national public awareness campaign that encourages everyone to protect their computers, mobile devices, networks, data, and private information. Colleges and universities throughout the United States (and internationally) will be promoting NCSAM and letting others know that all of us have a role in protecting our digital lives by posting safety and security tips on websites and social networks educating their members and employees, displaying posters, hosting events, and much more. If you are concerned about making the Internet safer and more secure for everyone, we invite you to become an active participant in National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Everyone can do something—even if you have less than one hour to devote to this effort!
HEISC has assembled a number of resources, including the NCSAM Resource Kit with 2015 campus events and the Cyber Security Awareness Resource Library with free, adaptable materials. For more information about NCSAM, visit: www.educause.edu/ncsam.